Descendents of the
Confederate States of America
Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
News, Views and Updates
· The primary purpose of the Descendants of the Confederate States of America (Descendants of the CSA or DCSA) is education about the history of the South with an emphasis on the Confederate period (1861 – 1865) and the period of Reconstruction (1865-1877).
With our motto of 'Duty-Honor-Country' and with our membership being descendants of Confederate military and elected Confederate civil officials, we are honoring our ancestors with our first major project. The project has started with the posting of grave site photographs of Confederate military and elected civil officials (see the link for 'the Old Confederate Cemetery' in the index at left for the first 1500 plus photos posted). This will be an on-going worldwide project of the DCSA. You do not have to be a member of the DCSA to participate in this project, just contact the DCSA Webmaster for additional information.
Please report any 'broken links', errors or inaccurate information you find as you utilize this site to the DCSA Webmaster at email@example.com
· Incorporation papers were filed for the Descendants of the Confederate States of America, Inc. (DCSA) in Bay Minette, Baldwin County, Alabama, on September 22, 2005 as a non-profit heritage corporation with Headquarters in Bay Minette. Be sure to read the Provisional Constitution of the Descendants of the Confederate States of America, Inc. Just click the 'Documents' icon in the index at left.
· The Provisional Constitution for the DCSA was approved October 4, 2005 at the first meeting of the 15th Confederate Cavalry Company No. 2, in Bay Minette, Alabama. The permanent DCSA Constitution will be voted upon by the membership in good standing 60 days prior to February 22, 2007, and upon approval will be announced on the 145th anniversary of the Permanent founding of the Confederate States of America.
· The Provisional Bylaws of the DCSA will be a 'work-in-process' by the members of the Board of Directors until the permanent DCSA Bylaws will be voted upon by the membership in good standing 60 days prior to February 22, 2007, and upon approval will be announced on the 145th anniversary of the Permanent founding of the Confederate States of America.
· Headquarters Company No. 1 was founded September 22, 2005, to allow individual membership in the DCSA until a Company is formed within the individuals area. Headquarters Company will be commanded by the Vice President of Membership, a member of the Board of Directors. It is recommended that individuals form a Company. Only five (5) members are required to form a Company.
· The first DCSA newsletter 'The Sentinel' was produced for the membership in September 2005. The next issue will be posted by January 2006 and should then be on a bi-monthly schedule.
· Provisional Officers of the 15th Confederate Cavalry Company are: Commander Mike Shipler, Adjutant Tommy Rhodes, and Executive Officer and Chaplain Bert Blackmon. At the January meeting of the Company, they were elected to serve a two year term as the first elected leadership team of the Company. The Company meets on the first Tuesday each month at 6pm for meal and 6:45 for meeting and program at Monterey Mexican Restaurant in Bay Minette, Alabama
· The DCSA is now taking applications for individual membership and formation of Company(s). Please click the 'Contact' link on the CONTACTS PAGE.